Application and Enrolment Process

The application process at SAE is simple and easy.

How to Apply to Study at SAE

To apply for any course at SAE, all you need to do is fill out our online application form. If you need assistance or are unsure of which course or study pathway is right for you fill out our enquiry form and we’ll get in touch. For information on our entry requirements please click here.

Australian Applicants

To get started on your application, follow the link below.



All Applicants

Queensland Applicants - Australian and New Zealand citizens or those with a current permanent resident visa, who wish to apply for the February, May and September intakes for a Bachelor Degree or Diploma at the Brisbane Campus- may apply through QTAC.

Victoria Applicants - Domestic and International applicants wishing to apply for the May or September intakes in a Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or Diploma at the Melbourne Campus, please apply through directly to SAE via Apply Now

Domestic and International applicants wishing to apply for the February intake who are currently completing year 12, or applicants who do not have a Certificate IV qualification or above, are required to apply via VTAC. All other applicants may apply directly to SAE via Apply Now

New South Wales Applicants - Applicants wishing to apply for Bachelor Degree or Diploma for the February, May and September intakes at either Byron Bay or Sydney Campus, please apply through UAC

SAE participates in the UAC Schools Recommendation Scheme that enables schools to recommend (based on academic merit and achievement) current Year 12 students who are UAC participants, for early offers of degree applications. Applications are processed centrally by UAC, with entry interviews conducted by SAE during the months of August through to November 2018. For more information regarding the scheme and how to apply please visit the SRS webpage here. 

Western Australia and South Australia Applicants- please apply direct through SAE via Apply Now.

Postgraduate Applicants - Can apply direct through SAE via Apply Now.




For further details on:

How to Enrol at SAE


Applicants who are eligible for direct entry will receive a Letter of Offer from our National Admissions team. Eligible applicants who apply via VTAC, QTAC or UAC may receive an offer in their offer rounds. 
To accept your offer, you are required to provide SAE with the following documents: 

  1. Student Enrolment Form
  2. A copy of your current Australian passport OR Citizenship/ Birth Certificate & Photo ID e.g. drivers licence or Keypass
  3. A copy of your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (or highest educational qualification). 

PLEASE NOTE: At any time, you should be willing and able to provide original documents or original certified copies of supporting documentation. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected. Requests for the provision of original or certified documentation may also involve asking the relevant tertiary admissions centres, issuing authorities or other relevant organisations for verification. For documents submitted in a language other than English, an English translation must be provided by an accredited translator with a Government body or authorised personnel of the issuing institution.

Once you have returned the above documents in full, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment. This means we are officially holding your place. Freecall 1800 SAE EDU for assistance in the application and enrolment process.


For further details on:

Change of Preference and Programs

Change of Programs - Current Student

SAE Programs are designed to provide students with flexible learning pathways. This includes provisions for 'nested' awards, specializations and flexible exit points for students. A student may change their program level or specialization throughout their enrolment, pending admission requirements and other eligibility and credit transfer requirements are met. SAE Student Services staff are available to support students with change of program scenarios. For more information, arrange a meeting to discuss your needs with your local SAE Student Services staff.

Change of Campus - Current Students

SAE students are eligible to transfer their studies to any of SAE's campuses. Your local Student Services team will be able to assist you in this process.

Change of Programs - New Students

Depending on your location, and if you've been provided a formal letter of offer, the following parameters apply to new students.

Change of Program through a tertiary admissions center (QTAC, UAC, VTAC)

If you are using a tertiary admissions center such as QTAC, UAC or VTAC and have not received a formal letter of offer, then you must change your program preferences using the tertiary admissions center.

Change of Campus

If you've applied through a tertiary admissions center If you would like to study at another SAE campus, then you can contact our admissions team to seek advice on the best way to do this.

Change of Programs After Offer

If you've applied through a tertiary admissions center If you have received a letter of offer from a tertiary admissions center and would like to change your preferences, then please contact SAE's admissions team to discuss your requirement.

Deferral and Leave of Absence

Students who have received a letter of offer or are current SAE students may choose to defer their studies at any stage. For more information, please contact your local Student Services team or review the Student Progression Policy.